Monday, 12 May 2014

Library - Walk of Shame

I had to do the walk of shame into the library today. At the weekend I found some books in Amy's wardrobe that had been taken out last August! Thankfully they were on her card so there wasn't a charge and the librarian was very nice about it. 
 There was actually one still outstanding so when I got home I had to have another rummage around until I found it.

It's been a bit of a library week actually. Thomas' teacher has asked if I could spare one afternoon a week to take her class to the school library.

In preparation for my first visit I've made some bookmarks. Thomas has told me they have to use a post-it note to mark their page, so I though a nice colourful bookmark might appeal to them. I managed to fit each design onto one A4 sheet and whilst at the library took 6 colour copies. Total cost £1.80 which I didn't think was bad. I laminated and cut them myself.

 According to the teacher there's not enough time for the children to spend in the library. It's a case of in and out as quickly as possible which often means they aren't choosing the books they really want.

The idea is that I'll take 4 or 5 children down at a time and help them choose a book that isn't too hard or too easy and more importantly that they actually want to read.

I'm really looking forward to doing it. I think I've said before my idea of heaven is being locked in a library. I have to say though it was on my own and not with a group of 7 & 8 year olds. 

xxx





1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lovely thing to do! I have had the same problem with overdue library books! It cost me a bloomin fortune :)

    ReplyDelete