Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Laughter - The Best Medicine

I've not done much the past couple of days. My back is still causing me some trouble and yesterday I gave in and rang the Doctor for some decent painkillers. I'm OK sat down but standing up and walking around absolutely kills me. The way I'm walking is also making my hips, shoulders and stomach muscles hurt. It's been nearly a week now since it started and hopefully from past experience I should be OK in a couple of days. What I am determined to do when I'm back to normal is some back strengthening exercises.

I have a basket full of wool, my watercolours, baking stuff, a stack of books to read and a couple of household projects to do, but I don't seem to be in the mood for settling down to anything at the moment. Even the couple of dramas I watch on TV are beginning to irritate me. I'm hoping this can't be bothered attitude is all down to the pain. I hate this feeling of not wanting to do anything, it's just not me.

Mark's Dad had me laughing this morning though. Mark's mum wanted a bowl of soup and a kitkat for lunch yesterday. He put both down in front of her and then popped back to the kitchen for something. When he returned there she was dipping the kitkat in the tomato soup. Afterwards she said, "mmm that was lovely". 

Bless her. 

xxx 






2 comments:

  1. I had the same thing with my back last week, you forget how bad it is, don't you. The pain really wears you down. On a positive note, mine only lasted a week and then was suddenly gone. Hope yours is better really soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making progess slowly. Sitting and standing is now ok. It's just the bit in between that's causing me trouble. Glad to hear you're on the mend. xx

    ReplyDelete