Saturday, 31 May 2014

It's My Birthday!

I've been blogging for exactly one year today, which means it's my birthday! At 47 years old I'm feeling quite young, because I actually thought I was 48. I really must find out which tablet is making me so dizzy lately although I'm pretty certain it's the statin.

Thomas bought me this lovely crystal angel from a crafts market while we were in Cirencester. Emerald is my birthstone and I love angels, so was thrilled with this.
 And Amy snuck out to buy me this diary I'd admired and a couple of books. I couldn't have chosen better myself and I shall be reading Sweet Temptation in a hot bubble bath tonight.

Mark bought me a new charm for my bracelet. Can you see the two little people? They represent my birth sign - Gemini and as an added bonus there is one boy and one girl, so it also reminds me of the children. I also have an afternoon tea at Nutters lined up for me which I'm really looking forward to.

This afternoon I spent a couple of hours at a local hotel with Mum, my sister-in-law and niece, drinking coffee, eating delicious carrot cake and catching up on all the latest. I was given a book, perfume, scarf and bottle of prosecco. I'm thrilled with everything I've received; I really am a lucky girl.
It's been a bit of a reflective day as well. When I look back over my posts they are a wonderful reminder of all the fun times we've had together and all the everyday stuff that just happens in life - mostly good, some not so good.

I think I've achieved what I set out to do with this project which was to create something that Mark, Amy & Thomas could look back on - just in case anything happened to me.  

Thankfully, all is well at the moment (touch wood), and the need to create so many 'hard copy' memories doesn't seem so imperative lately, hence the less frequent posts. I did mention to Mark and Amy that I might wind the whole blogging malarkey up now, but this was met with great protests. Apparently, they both enjoy reading it and remembering what we've been up to. 

So, I shall continue with my ramblings for a while longer. Today is yet another day that I'm grateful for and I'm once again feeling truly blessed.

xxx 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sounds like you are having a lovely day. Oh please do keep blogging, I enjoy reading your posts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will continue. Some days I find it really therapeutic. Other days I've things I want to write, but it just seems like another job to do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. I only found your blog recently and have read it from the beginning. I live in Canada but I grew up in Manchester. We lived in Higher Blackley, off Heaton Park Road, about 5 minutes from the Heaton Park gates. I remember going to Middleton Market with my mum every week. Definitely hope you continue blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice and welcome to Number 38! We love Heaton Park, just a shame they've never managed to propery re-open the house there - I love a good nosey around houses:) The park went downhill a few years ago but is lovely now - especially at weekends when it's full of families enjoying themselves. I'll be popping over to have a look at your blog later. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say my blog is sadly neglected. I only seem to put on the books that I have been reading. I always have good intensions though!

    ReplyDelete