Friday, 2 May 2014

Family Friday

It was Family Friday at school this morning. The 'task' today was dictation. At the mention of this Mark quietly slunk off to a corner of the classroom. I, on the other hand, got a full 5 ticks. Apparently the new curriculum states that you can no longer say speech marks. Instead they are to be referred to in their correct term as inverted commas. It felt like the history of education was being re-written.

The children are learning about Africa and have been issued a creative project for homework. They can choose anything they want relating to Africa and either make a model, information book, flag, poster, mask etc. Thomas is very much into swords and shields and is forever waving his around the house making swishing noises, so I'm going to suggest making a Masai Warrior shield. He can be very determined in what he wants to do though, so not sure if he will go along with this.

Amy's glasses are still a source of entertainment. She came home yesterday and this is how the conversation went.

Me: "Good day at school Amy?"
Amy: "Yeah, my German teacher wanted to try my glasses on today."
Me: "Why did she want to do that. What did she look like in them?"
Amy: "My German teacher is a man, Mum, but I think he might be gay."
Me: Actually, I couldn't think of anything to say!

We went to Lidl this morning and along with our usual shop popped in some rose wine - it is Bank Holiday weekend after all. I walked around like a little old lady. I've hurt my back again through leaning over the children listening to them read. Some of them are so quiet I can hardly hear them. I think I'll have to go armed with a cushion and an ear trumpet next week.

xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment