Wednesday, 23 April 2014

The Aftermath of School Holidays

I've spent the last 2 days tidying, sorting and cleaning up the aftermath of Amy & Thomas being on holiday for 2 weeks.

I've had a good clear out of DVD's and books, (again), and have this pile ready for the charity shop.
I'm definitely not a hoarder and rarely re-read a book or re-watch a film. If I do feel the urge I'd rather buy the film or book again than have a huge collection of them in the house gathering dust for years. I very rarely do this so it's not as expensive as it sounds! I did have the urge for Steel Magnolias a few months ago though having last watched it when I was probably in my 20's. I think it cost me £3.99 from e-bay. 

I've also had a go at de-cluttering the shelves. Believe me, they look a lot better than they did. Everything that gets used on a regular basis gets dumped on here along with things that we only need once in a blue moon, such as the plugs for the paddling pool. If I ever 'tidied away' any of this stuff I'd never find it again. It's a case of 'I might not know exactly where such and such is, but it'll be on one of the shelves somewhere'. 

To be truthful, these shelves make me a bit twitchy. I like things minimalistic and tidy so I try not to think about them too much. Thankfully, they are hidden around a corner and I only ever see them when I open the patio doors.

I've also given the bathroom a good clean and shall try and be the first one up there tonight to use it. However, a newly cleaned bathroom is a magnet for Amy to lock herself in there and soak in the bath all evening so I'm not holding out much hope.

xxx







2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to get first in the bathroom for a soak tonight, but I've been beaten to it.....
    I'm quite ruthless about lots of things, but I'm hopeless at clearing out books....

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa. I was actually first in the clean bath this time - very rare. All my books are given away to family, friends and charity, but I couldn't ever throw them out - sacrilege! xx

    ReplyDelete