Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Food, food & more food

Well, it's been another beautiful sunny day here at Number 38 and it seems to have revolved around food quite a bit.

We took Mark's dad to Bury with us this morning. Those couple of hours out of the house seem to do him the world of good. He treated us all to a full english breakfast in our usual cafe which was lovely.

The market is always super busy and today more so; lots of children with grandparents, although not all the children are on their school holidays yet. 

I bought some lovely yellow roses 
And a new book to read to Thomas at bedtime. Mouse Noses on Toast.
Then this afternoon I took Mum and my niece for coffee and cake to a local hotel where we spent an hour putting the world to rights then another hour trying to decide what I should buy for my brother's 40th this weekend. I'm still not sure.

   the-lounge-banner

I'd put a lamb shank in the slow cooker before I left and threw in some vegetables and lentils to make a casserole for tea. There was plenty of meat on here for me and Mark. Amy & Thomas won't eat it, Thomas because he doesn't like the taste, Amy because she's 14 and 'it's a lamb'. I thickened it up and we had it with crusty french bread. It was delicious.
This evening Mark went shooting at the gun club so I let Thomas watch his cartoons on the big TV in the lounge while I went for a soak and a read in the bath. Amy was on Skype talking to her friend she met at camp last year. Everybody doing what they wanted to do. Everybody happy. Bliss.

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment