Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Wednesday Snippets

The sun has been shining here all day, although it's still too chilly for me to sit out in the garden just yet. Here's our 'new' shed and decking. The colour on the shed is Willow and the decking and fencing have been painted in country brown. Total cost of garden spruce up £35, a pulled back muscle and an aching arm from painting.
I won't be buying any plants this year with going to France in Summer as they will probably only die. Instead I'll buy some outside lights to string around the shed.

We went to Bury today and had a wander around the market and shops before stopping for some breakfast. Full English for Mark and a home-made Eccles cake and cuppa for me. Lovely.

We bought Mark's Dad some honeycomb tripe and black pudding (Yuk!). Then I had a look in the book clearance shop. They were having a massive clearance sale and everything was priced at £1. I bought these. Total RRP £40.67. Normal Book Clearance price £6.97. Total paid today £4. Not bad. The one by Celia Rees is for Amy. She's in top set for English and achieved the highest mark in her exams (proud mum moment), but the teacher told us at parents evening that she needs to broaden her choice of reading material. Not sure if she will like it, but I'll read it anyway.
I bought these last Friday from Lidl and they look and smell wonderful. At £1 per bunch I splashed out and bought myself 2 lots, one for the table and one for the windowsill.
We're in the process of sorting out a new passport for Mark. We were very modern and filled in the application on line. Just need to have some photos taken now and it'll be ready to go. It'll cost £72.50, a bit of a surprise really as I thought it would be well in the £90's.
I'm reading this at the moment - The Roundabout Man. Another bargain purchase a couple of weeks ago. I'm actually beginning to think that living in the middle of a motorway roundabout in a dilapidated caravan sounds like heaven!
It feels good to be blogging again. I've been flicking through all my previous posts and although it's all pretty mundane stuff, it's nice to look back on what we've done.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment