Thursday, 27 March 2014

Biscuits and Buns

I did a spot of baking this afternoon. Some biscuits and buns. The word 'bun' takes me right back to my Nanna. She'd never had said cupcake or fairy cake or even just cake. It was always 'Do you want a bun'.

The biscuit recipe is really easy: 225g butter, 110g sugar, 275g plain flour. Put everything in the bowl and mix together until it looks like breadcrumbs. Then get your hands in and bring it all together. Roll into little balls, press down and top with mini chocolate beans. Pop into oven on 170C for 12-15 minutes. I managed to get 24 out of the mixture.
It's the first time I've tried this recipe and they're more like a shortbread than a biscuit. I'd probably look for a different recipe next time. But Amy and Thomas seem to like them. 
The cake mixture was simply 4ozs sugar, butter, S.R.flour, 2 eggs and a dash of vanilla essence. I don't faff around creaming and sieving. I just throw all the ingredients into a bowl and get mixing. 
I made 16 cakes, iced 8 and froze 8 for lunchboxes next week.

After my baking session, I went round to the hairdressers for a wash and cut. I'm sure I was born with a bob and a side parting, so I've had a change and gone short.

Maybe I'll get down with the crowd and post a 'selfie' in the next few days!

xxx




2 comments:

  1. oh I do like a nice bun! none of this cupcake nonsense! lovely to see you are blogging again and glad things are on the up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's nice to be back :) x

    ReplyDelete