Tuesday, 14 January 2014

More Tea Vicar

Well, the bedroom de-clutter is coming along nicely. It's taking longer than I thought so I don't think the painting will be done this week. I can't believe how much stuff got transferred from Thomas' room into ours over the 10 weeks Mum was with us.

Yesterday I threw another 4 bin bags of rubbish out. I have 2 bags for the charity shop and another load to go. There's a judo suit in here somewhere from one of Thomas' 'phases' a couple of years ago and a jack-in-a-box that Amy has had for years and has just decided to relinquish.

I spent an hour transferring clothes, sweeping, mopping, and cleaning a very dirty window frame and my reward was a little bit of reading and a cuppa. Mum bought me these as a thank you for having her. We watched 'Housewife, 49' together a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The diaries are written by Nella Last and were part of the mass observation project.

This afternoon I went out for lunch with the Vicar. She's the most un-vicarish vicar when out socially and is very funny. There wasn't one discussion about the meaning of life, we were just 2 mums grabbing some time for ourselves and having a good natter. She bought herself a lovely jumper from the Edinburgh Woollen Mill section and I treated myself to a new scarf.
Needless to say I wasn't hungry and didn't feel like cooking when I got in so it was declared a fish & chip night.

I finished the day off with a little more reading, then watched Benefits Street. Soap operas might not interest me but when it comes to 'real' people I'm afraid I'm hooked.

xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment