Friday, 17 January 2014

Friday bits n bobs

Lidl today. I spent £74 and just need to buy some meat from the butchers. I bought 2 bunches of daffodils which will probably open by tomorrow and which are making me feel very spring like. I've put once bunch in my colourful jug on the dining table and the other bunch are in a vase on the windowsill.

Thomas' school had a 'Family Friday' this morning. Parents can go in for 15 minutes at the beginning of the day to see what work the children are doing. We did some maths together and Thomas showed me his day book. I gather these happen at least once every half term and think they're a really good idea. We then received a text from school to say he'd won an achievement award for his handwriting so went back in the afternoon for the presentation assembly.

Amy hasn't been in school today. It was the funeral of the teacher and her baby so school was closed. She was still up early though as the hearse was driving by school and all the pupils had been invited to meet outside so they could pay their respects. She said it was very sad but lovely at the same time. They let helium balloons go, threw flowers and clapped as she went by. Afterwards, she went with her friends and to the leisure centre for a swim which I was glad about. Back to normality and all that.

I made roast chicken for tea with roasted new potatoes and roasted butternut squash, sweet potato and broccoli - lots of roasting tonight. This is Mark's portion, not mine!
Then I went and had a coffee with Mum for an hour. She seems to be doing OK and although moving around is still a bit of a struggle she's getting there. 

xxx




    


No comments:

Post a Comment