Thursday, 16 January 2014

5 people

I'm reading this at the moment. I started on 1st January and it's a 'page a day book' but I'm only on page 11. It's one of those books where you it helps to be in the right frame of mind and in the right place mentally for it to mean anything, which I'm not really, but I'm giving it a go.

Today I read that I am  the average of the 5 people I spend the most time with. For me that would be Mark, Amy, Thomas, Mum and Mark's dad. Before you feel sorry for me and think I'm a Billy no mates, I do have plenty of friends and a handful of really good ones that could be called upon in an emergency. But family are the people I spend the most time with.
It starts off positive because age wise that makes me 43.6, slightly younger than I really am. However, it rapidly goes downhill. When I think about the 5 people I become a retired train driver (Mark's Dad) with a penchant for expensive watches, (Mark), while at the same time having an avid interest in frugality and an obsession with post-it notes, (Mum). I am also a pokemon expert. (Amy), and an x-box addict, (Thomas).

Emotion wise I have a laissez-faire attitude to life (Amy), plus a sensitive side (Thomas), and I love nothing better than a good moan, (woe betide anybody offering me a solution to any problems that I'm moaning about) - combination of the remaining three adults.

The book queries whether these are the 5 people you really want to surround yourself with and I have to say seeing the above in black and white I'm not really too sure. 


Maybe I should give some serious thought to the opening line!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment