Friday, 6 December 2013

I'm done!

Woo-Hoo! I bought my final 2 Christmas presents today. A box of biscuits for Aunty Edith from Amy & Thomas and a 2014 diary for Mum's filofax. Now I can just sit back and relax and wait for it all to happen.

Amy has asked for 3 things this year. A game for her nintendo DS, a beanie hat and some berol felt tips. She spends hours drawing manga and colouring and these seem to last for ever. In case you're wondering what manga is there's a picture below. It's all big eyes, rosebud lips and heart shaped faces.
                                           Product Details
                
She really didn't know what else she wanted so after a lot of thought we've bought her a sewing machine. She spends many a happy hour on my Mum's machine creating bits n bobs and although her creations leave a lot to be desired at this stage, (do you remember this?), she really enjoys sewing.

I bought this from Hobbycraft. It was £100 but they had a 20% sale so it came down to £80. I then found a discount code for 15% so I ended up paying £68.
When we have Mum's machine she always asks if she can make something to wear so Mum is going to cut a pattern out for some PJ's which she'll help her with. Sewing is not my thing but Mum used to make some lovely dresses for me and my sister when we were little.

Keeping with the sewing theme, Mum has bought her some material and a sewing box and has put cotton, buttons, scissors and some bits & pieces in it for her.
I think Amy will be really surprised and pleased with this gift. She loves making things and if she can learn a new skill in the process then all the better.

There's nothing more fulfilling than making something that you know is going to get used or worn so I'm going to put an order in for a couple of cushion covers and get her and Mum to have a look at the pillowcase dresses for the 'Dress a Girl Around the World' charity.             
And who knows, maybe by the time her prom comes round she'll be able to whip up her own dress.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment