Sunday, 1 December 2013

A little bit of Christmas

A little bit of Christmas arrived at Number 38 today. 

Amy & Thomas opened the first window on their Advent calendars
I read Day 1 from an Advent book I bought for myself 
The Christmas cake we made last weekend had its first injection of whisky
And we lit the candles that me & Amy stuck gems onto yesterday afternoon
Little by little now our house will become more Christmassy as days go by. But not too much too soon, otherwise by the time the children break up from school I'll have had enough of it all.

I went to church this morning and the first Advent Candle was lit. It was the candle of Hope and when we light it we remember Abraham and Sarah from the Old Testament. In church terms it is the first season of the church year. I love new beginnings.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment