Tuesday, 3 December 2013

A Fresh Start

I came downstairs this morning to find Thomas' advent calendar looking like this with not a chocolate in sight. I can sort of understand the temptation, it really is like giving a donkey one strawberry isn't it. Anyway, Amy is taking no chances and has hidden hers in her bedroom.
I wrote some Christmas cards today and Thomas wrote his letter to Santa. It was part of his literacy lesson as he's being 'educated at home' at the moment. We made the decision to remove him from school last Tuesday after an incident involving a teacher and Thomas begging us to send him to a new school.

It's a story I will share at a later date but don't really feel up to re-living it at the moment.


Anyway, we went to look at a school on Friday which Thomas seemed to like and although they were happy for him to start yesterday, the education department have decreed we have to go through the official process and do the paperwork. 


So at the moment he is at home with us. It's amazing the amount of work you can get through when schooling on a one-to-one basis. I have to say though, I couldn't home school permanently. I would be far too lackadaisical and I'd never be able to resist his cute smile and baby blues when he didn't want to work. 

On a positive note he's really excited about his new school and can't wait to go. His friend from across the road goes and it's a lot nearer to us, which because of what he's going through at the moment might make him feel better. We're hoping he'll be able to start next week and who knows, it might just be the change he needs.

xxx









2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you and Thomas. I had the same experience with my middle son when he was 11. After a year at home (I am a teacher, which helped), he started at a new school which he loved. I hope the move of schools goes well for you. By the way, I really enjoy reading your blog! Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We're working through a couple of things with him at the moment which school were aware of. But one comment from this teacher completely undid all our work and wiped his confidence out. Glad to hear your son was much happier in his new school. I'm hoping this change is just what Thomas needs xx

    ReplyDelete