Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Lots To Look Forward To

There are 85 sleeps between now and Christmas Day. I have started organising myself by writing out a list of people to buy for and present ideas against each name. I've also bought some bits & pieces for Amy & Thomas and I've written my Christmas card list.

But I am not quite ready to succumb to Christmas just yet because there's a lot happening in between now and the Big Man coming. 
                                      
It starts this weekend with Harvest Festival at our church. I love Harvest Festival services. It brings back memories of being little and walking down the aisle to the altar with baskets of fruit and vegetables that my mum had put together. These days only tins & packets are requested. Everything that's collected is divided between 3 local groups that help the homeless or people struggling to put food on the table.     
                      

Then we have all this:

My Mum going into hospital for a hysterectomy
My sister's birthday
Half Term - caravan booked in North Wales
A great-nephew due to be born at the end of October
All Hallows' Eve (Halloween)
Bonfire Night
Thomas' birthday
A visit to Blackpool Lights (a household tradition)
Mark's cousin's birthday
Our niece's birthday on 19th Dec      }Brother & sister. Expensive 
Our nephew's birthday on 23rd Dec  }time for their Mum & Dad!

So, lots to do and lots to look forward to. After all this, Christmas will be a breeze!

xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment