Thursday, 11 July 2013

Oh to be young

We went to Ramsbottom today. It's only a 10 minute drive down the motorway, perfect for a quick change of scenery. 

The weather was beautiful, the gardens in St Paul's Church were full of colour, the steam train was in the station and we ate delicious melted brie & cranberry paninis washed down with dandelion & burdock. Unfortunately, you'll have to take my word for it because although I took my camera I left the memory card at home!

I've learnt my lesson though and I now have a spare one in my handbag.

We got the paddling pool out this afternoon. I've been putting it off for a couple of days because I thought I'd have to do my usual routine of scrubbing green mold off the bottom, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was obviously organised last year and must have given it a good clean before putting it away because it was spotless. Which meant it just needed blowing up and filling with water. 
Amy arrives home from school first and it was enough for her to just dip her tootsies in.

But, you should have heard Thomas' squeals of delight when he came in. His school uniform was off in a flash and he didn't even bother putting his trunks on. Just straight in, in his undies to screams off "It's freezing"! Oops, maybe we should have filled it before we went out this morning so it would warm up. Never mind, it's all character building.
Didn't think it would be long before Sparky joined him... 
... and the snorkelling began.
Oh to be young and unabashed on a warm summers day. 

Happy days indeed.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment