Tuesday, 30 July 2013

First Hat Made for the M.H.T.P

I made the first hat for the the 'Mad Hatter's Tea Party' today. I was tidying the shelves at weekend and found an old deck of cards. Thomas loves a game of cards so I thought a hat made out of them would be appropriate and in keeping with the theme.

I cut a cereal box up and stapled them on. He liked the hat but complained the staples were scratching him, so I glued a piece of old towel on the inside to protect his delicate skin! 

I'm not sure if it will survive until the party. It's become his warrior king crown and he's been wearing it all day fighting imaginary enemies with his sword and shield.
It cost me nothing to make and took about 30 minutes max.  Not a bad start to the event.

I ordered this from e-bay just before we went on holiday as part of the baby shower gift. It cost £3.49 and I could have any logo or photo printed in any colour I wanted. I'm sure it will bring a smile to my niece's face. Having been there and done it though, it reminds me of the saying 'many a true word spoken in jest'!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment