Monday, 15 July 2013

Fact: I've become a heffer!

When I met Mark back in 1992 I weighed 8 stones, was a size 8/10 and wore size 34B bras. I'm 5'6" and according to the BMI calculator I would have been classed as borderline underweight. 

 

Within a couple of years I weighed in at what I felt was a more healthy 91/2 stones which give or take a couple of pounds I managed to maintain for years. 

Then of course I became pregnant and it's been many years since I saw 9 stones anything. After Amy, I never got my weight below 10st 2lbs and six years later Thomas left me weighing in at a hefty 11st 4lbs. 

Fast forward to 2013 and I now weigh 11st 13lb. I'm a size 12/14 on the bottom (depends if elastic is involved) and a size 16/18 on top. My bras now measure 44DD!  No droopy boobies for me after the children came along. They grew during both pregnancies and have remained with me ever since.

Of course, I have many reasons why all this weight gain has been beyond my control and here are but a few:

1.  Obviously one of the tablets I take has a weight gain side effect which nobody has told me about.

2. I'm an inverted anoerexic. Truthfully, I look in the mirror and see thin and beautiful.

3.I eat healthily but my portion sizes are probably (obviously) too big.

4. I absolutely hate, hate, hate exercising.

5. I have fairly thin arms and legs and I tend to focus on these positive attributes rather than my big fat tummy. Humpty Dumpty could be my twin.

It's never really bothered me before to be honest. Middle aged spread is natural after all! 

But I'm thinking from a health point of view it's probably about time I made a concerted effort to trim down a bit and up the old exercise routine. I have a treadmill and I'm going to have to use it for its purpose rather than ornamental value.

So, I've decided I'm going to do a weekly weigh in, here on my blog. I'll be weighing in every Monday morning so feel free to log in and have a laugh at how weak willed and undisciplined I really am!

I'm going for the gentle approach. If I lose 1lb every week when I come back from Italy, by Christmas I should be 22lbs lighter. That means I should weigh in at 10 stones 5lbs which would be brilliant. 


And if it doesn't go quite to plan I can always make weight loss my New Year's Resolution. 

xxx 



2 comments:

  1. Good Luck. I am doing the same myself. Your post did make me laugh though, i think i am also an inverted anorexic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've put on 2lbs since this post but I've been on holiday so that's my excuse. It's so true about being an inverted anorexic. I must have a Snow White mirror as well because when I look in the mirror it tells me I'm bloody gorgeous and could give any supermodel a run for their money. HaHa. xx

      Delete