Monday, 24 June 2013

Raring to Go

That's how I've felt today. Raring to go. I don't have many days like this so it's great to feel physically good and have some energy. 

There's definitely a pattern to how I feel since my heart attack. I can feel really bad for several days, chest cramps, tired, lethargic, nauseous, chronic indigestion, (oh boy, is that sickly feeling and indigestion horrible), then I'll wake up one morning and I'll feel perfectly fine and ready to take on the world. I'm having to learn to just go with the flow.

Anyway, today was a good day. By 10.30am the kids had been dropped at school, the dog had been taken to the vet and I'd been to Lidl and done the shopping. 
The vet appointment was to discuss having Sparky neutered, but she didn't think it was necessary. He's started to mark his territory indoors and for some reason has become really nervous over the past couple of months. She thinks he's suffering from separation anxiety. Apparently being with a dog all day can be just as bad as leaving them on their own all day. They become used to you being around and fret when you go out. So, I saved myself £220 on an operation and Sparky saved his 'manhood' - but I had to pay £29 for a diagnosis of  'neurotic dog'.

I've been quite the Cinderella today.  I've dusted, mopped, hoovered, cleaned mirrors and windows and finally moved a pile of stuff that's been sitting on the stairs since before we went on holiday. I also made my way through a LOT of ironing. And it feels so good to have been able to do all that. 

It's back to healthy eating again this week. Lunch today was tuna & cucumber baguette, melon, strawberries and dates. Delicious.

The strawberries are in honour of the first day at Wimbledon. If any of our 10 GBR entrants make it to the final I shall celebrate by having strawberries with the added naughtiness of a big dollop of clotted cream on top.

xxx




  




No comments:

Post a Comment