Sunday, 9 June 2013

Holiday List

We are going away next week to Cofton Country Holiday Park in Devon. We went 5 years ago in our caravan and had a fantastic time. We've since sold the caravan as space became an issue, but we had some fantastic times away in it. 

Anyway, this year we have decided to go back but we'll be staying in a lovely little cottage instead and I can't wait.



Today's job on the holiday list was clothes shopping. I try not to spend too much on this because with the kind of weather we have there's not much point buying loads of summer stuff.  

I don't go with a budget in mind but I do take a list of what we need, which is kept to a bare minimum and if there's a bargain to be had, even better.



This year Thomas has had 2 pairs of shorts, 4 t-shirts and a pair of trousers.  Amy got 2 pairs of shorts, a couple of t-shirts, a skirt and a dress.

Mark picked up 2 shirts and a pair of shorts and I found a couple of tops. I lost my sense of pride regarding fashion a while ago and I'm more than happy to pull out summer gear from previous years.

As far as I can recall, we have never bought the kids any clothes with a 'label'. Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Primark and High Street fashion shops for Amy have always sufficed. Not being a fashionista, I really can't get my head around why parents spend so much on branded gear especially when children grow so quickly.

Tomorrow when Amy & Thomas are back at school I'll do a list of what they will wear each day so I can work out if they need anything else - I don't think they will.  Obviously Amy decides for herself what to wear and when, but at least I know there should be enough in her case to get her through the week.

Other items on my holiday list are getting the cases down, making a note of basic food to take, buying sun lotion, reminding Matthew that he's living here next week as he's on doggy-sitting duty and packing.

Not much really, but I love a list.  Crossing items off it gives me a real sense of achievement no matter how small.

xxx






2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jane. Your postcards from Portugal have made me laugh. We went last year and boy was our swimming pool cold as well. xx

    ReplyDelete