Saturday, 29 June 2013

Heart Attack - Worst Side Effect

One of the more horrible side effects of my medication is that I feel sick most days, all day. It's like having constant morning sickness. The only relief I have is between waking up and taking my tablets in the morning. Within 15 minutes of swallowing the little blighters the nausea starts to wash over me. 

Strangely enough it doesn't put me off food and is only eased by eating something. And after each meal or snack I seem to get about 20 minutes of relief before it starts all over again. 

Some days it can really wear me down. These are the days where I'm suffering with other side effects as well.  Other days, when I'm feeling a bit brighter and I'm out and about doing things, it doesn't bother me as much.

I try to eat as healthily as I can and aim for my 5 a day every day. I also try to resist the temptation of stuffing something into my mouth every half hour to ease the sickly feeling. I need to watch my weight and could really do with losing a few pounds.

So typically a day of food for me might be:

Breakfast - Weetabix & tablets
Morning snack - some crackers or fruit

Lunch - homemade soup or sandwich, yoghurt and fruit

Afternoon - a cup of tea with a couple of biscuits or a piece of cake

Dinner - Salmon, potatoes & veg (oops! forgot to take picture)

Supper - A couple of slices of toast and more tablets

Bedtime - Gaviscon to ease the indigestion, (I love the taste of this)

                                    
                              
I really should go to the Docs to see if there is some sort of anti-sickness tablet, but I keep putting this off always hoping that tomorrow I won't feel as bad. There are other side effects from the tablets but I think this one, along with the constant indigestion, is probably one of the worst.

I am very grateful though that we live in a country where health care and medication is freely available, so as my lovely old Nan would say, 'I'm not complaining, just explaining'.

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment