Monday, 3 June 2013

Cake baking and bed making...

Today I made cakes. I have to confess as much as I enjoy baking with the children I love doing it on my own. I want to be the one that gets to crack the eggs, sieve the flour and spoon the mixture into the cases!

From this.....

To this.....

Then this....

And finally this.. took less time than going to the shop to buy cake


I also cleaned our bedroom today. I find it hard to live in clutter and I can't seem to function properly in an untidy house. My brainwaves go completely haywire and I find it hard to think straight. But lately it's becoming easier to turn a blind eye to a bit of dust. If the choice is mopping the kitchen floor or reading a chapter of a book, the latter generally wins and I think this stems from having my heart attack.

Can't wait to get in here tonight

Amy and Thomas went back to school today. I love having them at home but I equally love the stillness of the house when they are out. Things stay where I put them. The dishwasher is still empty at lunchtime. There are flowers on my dining table instead of lego, pens, paint and pet worms in a pyrex dish!  Those 6 hours of complete calm while they are at school are very much appreciated.  Come 3pm though I'm always ready to see them again, hear about their day and relinquish my table once again to whatever project is on their agenda.

xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment